Friday, April 3, 2015

PDX

And so we said goodbye to Portland and the rest of the Pacific Northwest... for now. We're going to Idaho this summer.

Let me tell you one of the funniest things I know about Portland. They love their airport's carpet. It's a little weird. I mean, I like the pattern too, but it's iconic to them. Well, PDX is pulling up the carpet this year. So, like any normal city, several companies are buying it (remember, this is decades-old airport carpet) and making stuff out of it (hey, what can I say, they're really into recycling) and selling it. Souvenir squares, tote bags, cat posts, whatever. And the pattern is all over the place. (I actually got Poe a souvenir with the PDX carpet pattern on it, and a necklace for myself, because I say embrace the weirdness!) But perhaps the best part is that a rolled up piece of this carpet with big googly eyes is going to be the grand marshal of the Starlight Parade (part of the Rose Festival) this year. I love that city.

Anyway, here is Poe's photo with the famed PDX carpet:


No comments:

Post a Comment