Friday, April 3, 2015

Visiting Vancouver

My mom suggested a little trip over the state line into Washington so we could visit a library in Vancouver! I'm collecting a photo of myself in front of a library in each state. (I might have to crawl inside a box with my Little Visitor at some point to get to some of them!) It turns out that Vancouver has a really cool public library!

Got a better shot of the "Boring / Oregon City" sign on the way out.

Another sign: Leaving Oregon! I didn't see a "welcome to Washington" sign so this'll have to do.

Can you see Mt. Hood from the road?

Big, bold sign out in front of the library.

The view from the outdoor terrace at the Vancouver Community Library.
If there were less hazy cloudy bits, you could see Mt. Hood pretty well.

Vancouver from the terrace of the library.

This cool wall is just inside the front door. This is looking straight up at the ceiling,
so the words stick out and face straight down. Awesome!

It was a fun little outing, and I never realized how close Portland and Vancouver actually were! We could also see Mt. St. Helens, but we couldn't get a good picture from the road (after she blew her lid a few decades ago, she isn't quite as tall as she used to be).


No comments:

Post a Comment