Sunday, August 30, 2015

Bingo and Donuts

My aunt is in town because her birthday, my birthday, and my grandmother's birthday are all within two weeks of each other, so we decided to get together and do something fun. In this case, that means playing Bingo! My high school marching band did fundraising by volunteering at a bingo hall that I just so happen to have just moved in right next to! (It still looks exactly the same inside.)

I was a little concerned about the residual smoke smell getting onto Poe (it's non-smoking except a large smoking section in the back walled off by a floor-to-ceiling glass wall, but after decades of smoking being allowed everywhere, and the volunteers walking back and forth from smoking to non, it's still present), not to mention the ever-present danger of dauber ink (it was ALL OVER my hands... really took me back to my high school days), so I left him in my purse for safety's sake.

However... we won $10 worth of instants! (For non-bingo players, they're like these little lottery tickets but instead of scratching them off, you pop open panels on the back. They're VERY addictive, especially for tactile people! If you like pulling off the perforated edge of notebook paper, you'd love instants.) Poe helped us pop them open:

We didn't win anything off of them, but it was fun anyway!

Since the game started at 1:30, and I live right next to the bingo hall, I offered to make lunch for my aunt and grandmother. My aunt brought the dessert... Duck Donuts! (I was hosting another LV when Duck Donuts first appeared in Virginia Beach, and I don't think I've taken one there since... But I should; they're delicious!)

Poe, politely asking if anyone else wants to split the last donut.


No comments:

Post a Comment